Is weed good for you_ 20 health benefits of consuming marijuana
Each year, marijuana aficionados celebrate April 20 (4/20) as the unofficial holiday of weed. Smoking cessation hypnosis script In the United States, marijuana is a mainstream social issue as advocates of legalizing weed argue it is safer than alcohol while opponents make the case that marijuana is a gateway drug that does the body harm. Benefits of quitting smoking weed timeline How safe is marijuana? The jury is still out. Benefits of quitting smoking before 40 While there is research suggesting weed is bad for you, there are also studies which point to health benefit.
1. Benefits of quitting smoking and vaping instead Weight Loss: The Atlantic recently reported a study which found that people who smoke pot are skinnier. Laser smoking cessation moncton The researchers at the University of Nebraska, the Harvard School of Public Health, and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center analyzed data to find that current pot smokers had a smaller waist circumference than those who had never used marijuana. Smoking cessation counseling documentation While this may seem counterintuitive — pot smokers reportedly consume an extra 600 calories a day from “the munchies” — the proof lies in the numbers. Smoking cessation guidelines 2015 And yes, the study took into account the extraneous variables such as age, sex, tobacco, alcohol use and physical activity levels.
2. Laser smoking cessation ottawa Lung Health: Since marijuana is often smoked, a common belief is that it is not good for your lungs. Hypnosis for smoking cessation But a study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association found that weed increases lung capacity and did not effect lung function.
3. Benefits of quitting smoking chart Diabetes: Scientists from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey found a correlation between Type 2 diabetes and marijuana. Smoking cessation guidelines uk One of the most common risk factors for diabetes is insulin resistance and the researchers found that the active ingredient in marijuana, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), may help the body take in insulin. Smoking cessation guidelines 2014 The study, administered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and published in the latest issue of “The American Journal of Medicine,” found that marijuana users had 16 percent lower fasting insulin levels and 17 percent lower insulin-resistance levels. Smoking cessation drugs nicotine replacement products That said, only current smokers experienced the positive effects, implying that the resistance occurred after immediate use.
4. Smoking cessation symptoms Depression: A 2005 study published by USC and SUNY Albany researchers found that “those who consume marijuana occasionally or even daily have lower levels of depressive symptoms than those who have never tried marijuana.”
5. Laser smoking cessation Anxiety and ADHD: The aforementioned study from USC and SUNY Albany also found evidence suggesting that in small doses, weed may relieve anxiety and symptoms of ADHD. Smoking cessation hypnosis youtube The findings about anxiety were replicated in 2010, when researchers from Harvard Medical School found that marijuana acts as a sedative and can improve the consumer’s mood by reducing anxiety.
6. Online smoking cessation Glaucoma: Those suffering from glaucoma can prevent blindness by taking marijuana orally, intravenously or by inhaling. Smoking cessation uk How? Marijuana decreases the pressure inside the eye, according to research. Laser smoking cessation edmonton In fact, the National Eye Institute states: “Studies in the early 1970s showed that marijuana, when smoked, lowered intraocular pressure (IOP) in people with normal pressure and those with glaucoma.”
7. Smoking cessation cdc Epileptic Seizures and Tourette’s: In 2012, a British study from the University of Reading found that marijuana can help those suffering from epilepsy — a condition that afflicts one percent of the world — as THC has anti-convulsant properties. Benefits of quitting smoking hair The researchers determined that it could potentially lead to an effective treatment with no side effects. Benefits of smoking cessation programs Researchers have also found that marijuana helps those suffering from Tourette’s as well.
8. Smoking cessation counseling training AIDS: More recently, scientists found that THC might have a helpful function: stopping the spread of HIV in monkeys. Camh smoking cessation training According to researchers, monkeys that were treated with high THC doses on a daily basis had more healthy cells than those who did not. Smoking cessation drugs While these findings are preliminary, and have not been observed in humans, they are promising.
9. Benefits of quitting smoking while pregnant Cancer: It’s not news that marijuana helps cancer patients when they undergo chemotherapy, but a 2012 study found that marijuana can play a role in curing aggressive cancer. Benefits of quitting smoking before 30 Or rather, a marijuana compound “can stop metastasis in some kinds of aggressive cancer.” This wasn’t the first study of its kind, as researchers in the U.K. What is smoking cessation have successfully killed cancer cells in leukemia patients using marijuana. Laser surgery for smoking cessation How does it work? According to the journal Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, marijuana turns off the gene and in turn, stops cancer.
10. Smoking cessation hypnosis nyc Migraines: Does a blunt a day take the migraines away? Marijuana has anti-inflammatory properties that assist in pain relief. Benefits of quitting smoking pot In fact, the effects are said to be “several hundred times more powerful than that of aspirin.” Doctors in California have treated more than 300,000 migraine cases with medical marijuana. Smoking cessation hypnosis cost has shown to be effective in treating a host of illnesses and conditions, such as multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis and migraines.
11. Benefits of quitting smoking with patch Arthritis: As mentioned above, marijuana is a potent pain killer and it even helps with rheumatoid arthritis and other chronic pain conditions. Laser for smoking cessation does it work In 2011, researchers announced that patients with rheumatoid arthritis reported less pain, more sleep, and reduced inflammation when taking marijuana.
12. Smoking cessation hypnosis calgary Alzheimer’s Disease: A 2006 study, published in the journal Molecular Pharmaceutics, found that marijuana (specifically, THC) has the ability to block an enzyme that is responsible for creating the amyloid plaque–what kills brain cells in patients of Alzheimer’s. Does laser smoking cessation work The study also found that marijuana prevents “protein clumps that can inhibit cognition and memory.”
13. What is smoking cessation program Opiate Addiction: Opiates have addictive qualities that are far more damaging than marijuana and as such, cannabis can be used as an effective remedy to reduce dependence on opiate-based medication.
14. Smoking cessation guidelines for health professionals an update Neurological Damage: There is research suggesting that marijuana has neuroprotective qualities. Smoking cessation training What does this mean? Consuming marijuana can limit neurological damage after a stroke or trauma. E cigarette smoking cessation Rumor has it that the NFL may introduce marijuana to combat concussions in athletes.
15. Acupuncture smoking cessation Hepatitis C: The European Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology found that those who smoked marijuana daily were more likely to complete their Hepatitis C therapy–the medications have severe side effects which often causes a patient to stop their treatment regimen. Billing for smoking cessation counseling What’s more, marijuana supposedly makes the medication more effective, as those who take it in conjunction with their treatment have no sign of the virus in their body.
16. American lung association smoking cessation training Inflammatory Bowel Diseases: THC-like compounds made by the body increase the permeability of the intestines, allowing bacteria in. Cigarette smoking cessation A 2010 study, published in the Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, found the THC in marijuana blocks the THC-like compounds made in the body, which allow bacteria into your body by increasing the permeability of the intestines.
17. Benefits of quitting smoking after one week Multiple Sclerosis: The THC in pot binds to receptors in the nerves and muscles to relieve pain. Smoking cessation hypnosis free Marijuana’s pain relieving ability makes it beneficial to patients suffering from multiple sclerosis, as the THC binds to receptors in the nerves and muscles to alleviate pain. Laser smoking cessation mn In a 30 people study, Jody Corey-Bloom found that smoking marijuana reduced pain in multiple sclerosis patients.
18. Smoking cessation clinic Bipolar Disorder: A study found that those with bipolar disorder can benefit from ingesting pot. What is a smoking cessation clinic According to the research, those with bipolar I disorder who smoked pot showed improvement in areas such as processing speed, attention, and working memory.
19. Benefits of quitting smoking tobacco Creativity: There was often a stigma that marijuana makes you stupid but researchers have since found that the stereotype was based on correlational evidence, instead of cause and effect. Smoking cessation guidelines nice In fact, scientists have found that those who smoke tend to be more creative.