Grants for publications (for artists and publishers) – mondriaan fund
• The publication must relate to one or several artists who are creatively active in the visual arts and who play an active part in the Dutch professional visuals arts community.
• The artist to whom the publication relates must have been a professional visual artist for at least four years, or must have taken a three-year visual arts degree with a visual arts curriculum at a university of the arts and have worked as a professional visual artist for at least one year since then.
• If a publisher is involved in the project, the artist (or artists) must be given a fitting wage, which may be included in the budget as a ‘costs of production’ debit item.
Types of modern art The artist’s wage may be listed among the ‘costs of production’, but must be paid by the publisher. Types of art wiki The publisher is required to observe the Wage Guideline.
• If the work is to be published by a vanity publisher, the grant may include some compensation for the time the artist devoted to getting the publication ready for publication (part-time job). Types of art paintings The grant application is more likely to be successful if the applicant has raised some funds itself by means of a crowd-funding campaign (e.g. What types of art are there through voordekunst.nl).
Publications about historical subjects and/or historical developments are not eligible for a Grant for Publications. Types of art movement Nor are artists’ books. List of types of art styles Artists’ books are considered autonomous works of art, which are eligible for a Project Grant for Artists.
All applications that comply with the formal conditions and that have been submitted with the requested annexes will be presented to a committee which will issue recommendations on the allocation of a Grant for Publications. Cool types of art Click here if you wish to learn how your application will be processed. Different types of artificial satellites The advisory committee will first assess whether the artist’s artistic performance is significant, or, in the case of beginner artists, whether it is expected to become significant to Dutch contemporary visual arts. Different types of media in art The assessment will take into account:
In the event that the committee issues a positive recommendation on the aforementioned documents, it will then assess the significance of the proposed publication on the basis of:
• Information on the size of the book, the number of copies which will be printed, the names of the graphic designer and the writer or writers (if any), and the retail price;
• A presentation plan featuring distribution and promotion plans explaining how the applicant seeks to attract and retain the right audience in an inspiring manner;
The Mondriaan Fund puts a great premium on the way in which publications are targeted to the right audience. Different types of contemporary art Therefore, it is vital that grant applications include a realistic and ambitious distribution and promotion plan.
• The artist’s artistic capabilities. Different types of artwork The question as to whether the oeuvre the artist has built so far is or will be significant to contemporary visuals arts. Different types of art for preschoolers This assessment is primarily focussed on the connection between the artist’s artistic principles and the way in which these are expressed in his or her work. Different types of painting art Among other things, the committee may examine the intellectual meaning of the concept, the artist’s power of imagination and his/her mastery of the chosen materials. Types of art majors Furthermore, the committee will examine how the artist’s work and opinions relate to the historical and current context.
• Furthermore, the following aspects will be considered: the quality of the artist’s cultural entrepreneurship; the artist’s investigative and innovative approach; the way in which the artist presents himself or herself and seeks to attract and retain the right audience in an inspiring manner.
In the event that the committee issues a positive recommendation on the artist’s artistic performance, it will then assess the plan on the basis of the following interrelated criteria:
• The likelihood, expressed by the application documents, the artist involved and/or the publisher, that the finished product will be successful and of outstanding quality, and that it will be distributed in the best possible way for the publication.
• The significance of the presentation plan (including the promotion and distribution plans), particularly with regard to the manner in which the applicant will seek to attract and retain the right audience in an inspiring manner.
• The advisory committee will weigh the significance of the publication against previously released publications regarding the artist’s work, where applicable.
A Grant for Publications can only be awarded if the advisory committee issues a positive recommendation on the artist’s artistic performance, the plan, the grounds for publishing the work and the distribution plan, and on the likelihood that the work will constitute a technical innovation, where applicable.
For budgetary reasons, the Mondriaan Fund’s board will request the advisory committee to weigh the successful applications against each other and to rank positive recommendations in order of priority. How many types of art A well-balanced distribution of different types of publications may be considered in the decision-making process.
Applications for Grants for Publications can be submitted through the Mondriaan Fund’s online application system, for which you need an account. 2 types of articles With your account you can access the application form, where you can fill in the questions and upload the information requested in the checklist below. Types of digital art styles Click here for the FAQ about online applications.
Applications for Grants for Publications can be submitted twice a year. Different types of japanese art The deadlines of the application rounds in 2017 are : April 7, and September 8.
Applicants must allow for a total processing period of a maximum of three months from the deadline of the application round. Types of art courses Grants from the Mondriaan Fund cannot be awarded with retroactive effect, which is why the application must be submitted well before the desired starting date.